Our professional staff will help you through your first visit, step by step. Your first appointment is a time that we can get to know you and your condition and you can get to know us. Due to the paperwork, consultation, evaluation, examination and treatment; your first appointment will take longer than your follow-up appointments. Please allow 1 ½ - 2 hours for this appointment.
We have linked some of the forms that you will need to complete. You are welcome to print them off and complete them prior to arriving, to cut down on your time at the office.
You can feel comfortable that we take it very seriously to keep all of your personal information private.
Upon your arrival you will go through the following process:
Brief Paperwork – This general information about you and your condition. You are welcome to complete these forms prior to your arrival. Please be aware that if your first visit is due to an auto accident or workman’s comp claim, you may have some additional forms to complete.
- Welcome to our office
- Healthcare Insurance Assignment Form
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Receipt of Notice of Privacy Policies Form
- Informed Consent to Chiropractic Adjustments and Care Form
- Consultation - Once the paperwork has been completed, you will have a consultation with the doctor to discuss your health-related problems, concerns, as well as potential treatment options.
- History & Examination - In order to determine what your actual problem is, the doctor will ask you various questions related to your condition. Next, a number of specialized tests will be performed to determine which tissues are affected and to what extent.
- X-Ray Studies – Your specific condition may require us to take x-rays to either rule out more serious conditions or assist us in developing the most effective treatment plan for you.
- Same Day Treatment - Once finished with the examination and all appropriate studies, patients will generally be provided with their first treatment during this same visit. This may include spinal adjustments, physical therapies, and/or soft tissue therapies.
- Home Instructions - Prior to leaving, patients will be given instructions on certain activities or procedures to be conducted at home. This may include ice or heat application instructions; avoidance of certain activities or positions, as well as home exercises and/or stretches.
- Schedule Your Next Appointment - You will be given a convenient appointment time for your follow-up visit. Generally speaking, patients are seen within 1-2 days and are provided with a complete review of findings. Treatment options for your condition will also be discussed during this time.
We have placed these forms here for your convenience to download and fill out before your first visit. This will reduce the amount of time in the office.